Mental Health Nurse In Practice (MHNIP)
The Mental Health Nurses in Practice (MHNIP) service operate out of the Bourke, Cobar and Walgett clinical hubs, serving communities within a 200km radius of each nominated site.
The MHNIP service provides:
- Evidence based psychosocial interventions and therapies
- Family and carer therapy and support
- Medication monitoring and management services
- Physical health assessments
- Risk assessments and monitoring
Early intervention, referral or pathways services between acute and primary care, local ACCHOs, community mental health services and other social care providers in the region.
Where appropriate telehealth services are used.
Mental Health Support Services:
- Sane Helpline www.sane.org provides information, guidance, and referral to help manage mental health concerns. Available weekdays, 9am-5pm AEST. Phone: 1800 187 263.
- MensLine Australia www.mensline.org.au provides 24-hour support for Australian men. Phone: 1300 789 978.
- Kids Helpline www.kidshelpline.com.au offers free confidential 24-hour telephone and online counselling for young people aged 5-18. Phone: 1800 551 800.
- Lifeline www.lifeline.org.au is a 24-hour counselling, suicide prevention and mental health support service. Phone: 13 11 14.