Aboriginal Health Workers
The ODGP is committed to supporting the availability, access to, and impact of Aboriginal Health Workers.
Through the Chronic Disease Management and Prevention Program, ODGP has been able to fund additional qualified Aboriginal Health Workers where there is a demonstrated need and where Aboriginal patients form a significant part of a general practice’s population demographics.
Aboriginal Health Workers play a central role in ensuring the provision of appropriate services to Aboriginal patients, including supporting:
- Improved engagement of Aboriginal people with coordinated and effective care
- Strengthening Closing the Gap (CTG) outcome measures, including quality and cultural safety
- Supporting enrolment of patients in planned care under CTG
- Increasing cultural knowledge and competency within the local practice clinical teams
- Enabling better uptake of the ACCHO chronic disease model of care
- Supporting practice quality improvements (QI)
To find out more about the Aboriginal Health Worker Services or to obtain information regarding our providers in your community, please contact the Outback Division of General Practice in Bourke on 02 68 724 777.